We are pleased to announce the ICCGE-19/OMVPE-19 Photo Contest
sponsored by Elsevier.
Photographs portraying scientific, technical, or artistic aspects of crystals, crystal growth,
or characterization are solicited. The photos will be displayed on the conference and the
AACG website in addition to being displayed in a prominent location at the conference location
and as a slide show in the meeting rooms.
Submissions will be accepted in 2 categories:
1) Natural untouched micrographs or photographs
2) Photographs including digital manipulation (and computational simulations)
Judging and Awards:
Submissions will be voted on by conference attendees on the conference website. The first-place entries in each category will receive an award certificate and a cash prize of $300. The best student entry will also receive an award certificate and a cash prize of $300. Winners will be announced during the Banquet and Awards Ceremony and the Winning photos will be published in the AACG newsletter and on the AACG website. Past winners can be seen here: http://www.crystalgrowth.org/.
1. Contest is open only to registered meeting attendees.
2. Each attendee can submit exactly one entry per category.
3. Entries must be submitted by email as a PowerPoint slide (Click HERE to download template; limit file size to 10MB).
- Please do not put text on the photo unless it is part of the image
- Photo caption should describe the technical significance of the entry and/or the artistry that it represents (50 words or less)
- Indicate if the entry is a General or Student submission
- Identify the appropriate category for judging (Natural or Digital/Altered
Entries should be submitted by email to the photo contest organizer, Balaji Raghothamachar, by June 30, 2019.
Please direct any questions or comments to the organizer:
Stony Brook University
Phone: +1 (631) 632-4183